The idea of a “Quiet Mode” in Uber — which actually started out as a meme a few years ago — has now become a reality. According to the company, Uber passengers now have the ability to request a quiet ride, which is to say that they won’t have to answer probing questions from overly friendly or inquisitive drivers.
It’s a nice feature but the downside is that it’s not rolling out to all of Uber’s slate of ride options. Rather, “Quiet Mode” will only be an option for Uber Black and Uber Black SUV rides which can often be anywhere from two to three times more expensive than a regular UberX ride. In other words, if you’re intent on having a peaceful and otherwise silent ride, you’ll have to pay for the privilege.
BGR Top Deals:
- Save $300 by turning your wired Bose noise canceling headphones into wireless headphones
- Today’s best deals: $10 Philips Hue bulbs, $20 off AirPods 2, $7 Alexa smart plugs, $39 Roku Stick, more
Trending Right Now:
- Pixel 4 leak points to an even better design than the Galaxy S10
- We might already know where Marvel is taking the MCU after ‘Avengers: Endgame’
- Pixel 3a and OnePlus 7 are both cheap new Android phones, but one is way better than the other
‘Quiet Mode’ is now an option for Uber rides, but there’s a catch originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 15 May 2019 at 21:01:58 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.